Ecological all-risk / multi-applications foam concentrate
- Fluorine free
- Alcohol Resistant
- Effective on all types of fire (class A & B)
- Applicable on toxic vapours
- High Expansion foam
EFFECTIVENESS ON FIRES
THE first fluorine free foam concentrate in the world!
In 2002, convinced of the harmfulness of all fluorinated compounds, BIOex was already committed to protect our environment and launched ECOPOL! Formulated using a 100% natural surfactant base, its multi-application versatility does not prevent the high effectiveness of its extinguishing capability.
Effective on class A fires!
Its affinity for solid supports, combined with its high wetting capability gives ECOPOL high extinguishing performances on all class A fires. .
Effective on hydrocarbon and polar solvent fires!
The multi-purpose AR (Alcohol Resistant) property consists in generating a protective gel film at the surface of all types of inflammable polar liquids and provides an exceptional resistance to re-ignition.The extinguishing effectiveness of ECOPOL on a hydrocarbon fires can be compared to an AFFF foam concentrate (Aqueous Film Forming Foam) containing fluorine.
Applicable on toxic vapours!
The mechanically insulating property of the foam generated using ECOPOL is especially effective, and can also be used to contain the toxic vapours of certain solvents that react to water.
High foaming capability!
The adhesive nature of the foam generated makes it possible for it to adhere to vertical surfaces for an extended period. As examples, it can be applied as a protective fire barrier to durably cool down plane fuselages, or as a wide strip during a forest fire to make the vegetation fire proof and stop the progression of the fire.
ECOPOL also generates an exceptional High Expansion foam. It is therefore recommended to drown large volumes, such as hangars, warehouses, ship’s holds, car parks, etc.
- Effective at Low, Medium and High Expansion.
- Effective on class A fires: Forest fires (brush, trees…) and Urban fires (apartments, houses, farms, warehouses, vehicles…).
- Effective on industrial fires: Landfills, textiles, plastics, tyres…
- Effective on hydrocarbon fires such as fuel, diesel oil, petrol, kerosene, etc.
- Effective on polar solvent fires such as alcohol, ketones, ethers, etc.
- Applicable to retain the release of gases: Acids HCl, NH3… used with Medium Expansion.
- Compatible with all dosage systems (contains corrosion inhibitors).
- Can be used in mobile and fixed fire fighting systems (foam box, High Expansion generators, fire hose stations, CAFS systems, etc.).
ECOPOL is totally fluorinated compounds free (PFC and PFT): These that have been recognised to be Persistent in the environment, Bioaccumulative and Toxic for living organisms.
ECOPOL is classified easily biodegradable. It deteriorates quickly without any PBT residues (Persistent Bioaccumu- lative Toxins) and contains no halogen derivatives.
The use of ECOPOL is the alternative to combine the respect of the environment with high extinguishing properties on all types of fire.
Depending on the capacity of your sewage treatment station and your waste contract, ECOPOL foam can be eliminated without using incineration.
CERTIFICATES & COMPLIANCES:
- European standards: EN 1568 1-2-3-4.
- Oil industry: GESIP – LASTFIRE.
- Marine: VERITAS.
- High expansion: APSAD R12.
- Aviation: ICAO level B.
- Class A: CEREN Certificate, Draves test AATCC 17-2005.
- Can be used starting from 0.3% on class A fires.
- Can be used at 3% on hydrocarbon and polar solvent fires.
- 6% version available upon request.